Rachel Hurd-Wood

Rachel Hurd-Wood

Rachel Hurd-Wood


Rachel Clare Hurd-Wood (born 17 August 1990) is an English actress. Her break-out role was as Wendy Darling in the 2003 movie Peter Pan.

Hurd-Wood is currently one of the most appreciated young actors from Britain.
Despite her growing fame, Rachel keeps her feet on the ground and is a normal teenage girl.

"That's what I really, genuinely want to do in the future – act for a few years and then get married, have children and be a teacher."

Films: -"I am really into horror films!"

Biography: She went to an open casting call for the role of Wendy Darling in director P. J. Hogan's 2003 feature film Peter Pan, based on J. M. Barrie's Peter and Wendy, and went to Australia for filming. - "This is my first movie, this is my first acting really I've ever done."

Rachel joined Donald Sutherland and Sissy Spacek in the 2006 thriller, An American Haunting. She plays Betsy Bell, a young girl who is being tortured by a poltergeist. James plays a young schoolteacher who is trying to prove that ghosts don't exist.

Rachel next appeared with Alan Rickman and Dustin Hoffman in director Tom Tykwer's adaptation of the bestselling novel by German writer Patrick Süskind, Perfume: The Story of a Murderer. In the drama, set in 18th century France, Hurd-Wood portrays Laura, Alan Rickman's character's daughter, a red-headed virgin who would be the crown 13th note of Jean-Baptiste Grenouille's perfume.

In 2009 she played Meredith Crowthorne, a girl whose fate is entwined with that of James Purefoy's title role in the film adaption of Solomon Kane.

Rachel Hurd-Wood is cast to play Corrie in the Tomorrow When the War Began. - "I wasn't in a corset any more, I wasn't screaming and I get to have a tan and ride dirt bikes and be in jeans for once," she says."

- "I've been a victim in every film I have done so far. It would be nice to play someone who doesn't get killed for once. Then again, I am getting really good at screaming and fake tears."

- "It`s like a dream ... one minute I am walking across the playground to maths and next, I`m flying to Hollywood to meet the world`s press."

No comments:

Post a Comment