Paz Vega is The Spanish Goddess

Paz VegaPaz Vega

Paz Vega


Paz Campos Trigo (born January 2, 1976), better known as Paz Vega, is a Spanish actress.

Paz Vega is an actress who became internationally known as Lucía in the romantic drama Sex and Lucia. In 2001, she acted in movie director Julio Medem’s provocative and steamy Lucia y el sexo (Sex and Lucia).  The story was about an innocent girl who slowly discovers her sexuality and is told in graphic detail. Sex and Lucia became an international hit and won Paz a Goya, 's biggest movie award, for Best New Actress.

Paz Vega Official Site

"- How do you feel now about "Sex and Lucia"? It was quite provocative.
- I feel good, it was at the beginning of my career, and I remember that movie had something very strong, very natural. The director was great and the movie had an international reputation. Because it was my first big movie, even people from Japan sometimes know me because of that film."

Vega didn't speak English when James L. Brooks cast her in the role of Flor Moreno in Spanglish. She not only had to study the English for the film, she needed a language coach in order to achieve a convincing Mexican accent.

"- My family and my friends say, Paz is in Hollywood, and they are very proud. People here are very charming and warm, they always say beautiful things. It's something I can feel -- when people talk to you they say, how is Hollywood? I feel really, really good because I love Seville, I love my people, my family. We have a lot of artists, a lot of great people here, but Hollywood is so far and people enjoy that. A little piece of Seville went to Hollywood!"

I had a chance to talk with the beautiful Paz Vega who stars alongside other lovely ladies in Frank Miller’s The Spirit, which opens Christmas Day (2008).

- "I don't want to play only Latin women. I want to have roles in English. "- "I am only an actress when they say, 'action' and I stop being an actress when they say, 'cut'. I am a normal person outside of acting. "



Related Pages: Paz Vega

No comments:

Post a Comment