Catherine Bell's a charming celebrity

Catherine Bell

"Well, I don't have that experience but I know what you mean, there's meaningless shower scenes written in to scripts to show off someone's breasts.... I had to wear a bikini for the JAG episode we filmed in Australia, but that was okay because it was fun, and practically straight after I was approached by Playboy. I didn't do it because I didn't want my uncles going, "I know what your nipples look like," every time I saw them. But I did ask how much, and it was an incredible sum of money. It was kind of flattering but the shots I did for FHM were without doubt the sexist I have done and, I think, far sexier than anything Playboy could do. I was like "are these photo's of me?!"

Catherine Bell


Catherine Lisa Bell (born August 14, 1968) is a British-born American actress known for her role of Lt. Colonel Sarah MacKenzie of the television show JAG from 1997 to 2005.

She is fluent in Persian and English. -- Official Site

Catherine Bell was selected #84 in year 2001, #38 in 2002, and #20 in the 2004 list of the FHM magazine's 100 Sexiest Women in the World

"People think I'm crazy and reckless but I'm absolutely not... I'm soooo safe and soooo careful and I won't do anything that feels like I could break something. "

Biography: Catherine was born in London, but moved to California with her Iranian mother at age 2. Her mother still acts as her personal assistant. As a child, she acted in various TV adverts. She went to UCLA to study biology, but dropped out to become a model in Japan. She moved back into acting with a Mexican commercial for Amex and then followed that up by being Isabella Rossellini's nude body double in Death Becomes Her (1992).

One of Bell's first modeling jobs was an extended assignment in Japan. When she returned to California, she studied acting at the Beverly Hills Playhouse with Milton Katselas. She was a freelance masseuse whose clientele included singer Peter Gabriel. She was on the game show To Tell the Truth in 1990 where she mentioned that she was a massage therapist (she was one of the imposters on the show, she was playing an imposter of a body double named Shelly Michelle). Her first television acting role was one line on the sitcom Sugar and Spice (1990).

In 1996, Bell began her role as Marine colonel Sarah Mackenzie in the series JAG. She would continue in this role until 2005 and it would become the role for which she is most well known. Since 2007, Bell has starred in Lifetime's ensemble drama series Army Wives as Denise Sherwood, the wife of a US Army Lieutenant Colonel, who is enduring domestic violence at the hands of her teenage son

Bell has also recently played the main role in Hallmark's The Good Witch (2008) and its sequels The Good Witch's Garden (2009) and The Good Witch's Gift (2010). She co-executive produced all of the movies.

"I like all the adventure sports but I like to do them in a safe way."

No comments:

Post a Comment