Best Mira Sorvino - YouTube Video Gallery



Mira Katherine Sorvino (born September 28, 1967) is an American actress. She won the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Mighty Aphrodite (1995).


Biography: Mira Sorvino was cast in the 1995 Woody Allen film Mighty Aphrodite. Her portrayal of a happy-go-lucky prostitute made her a star, winning her an Academy Award and Golden Globe for Best Supporting Actress. She portrayed Marilyn Monroe for the 1996 HBO film Norma Jean & Marilyn. More recently she starred in Leningrad (2008) and Multiple Sarcasms (2010) alongside Timothy Hutton and Stockard Channing.

- "What makes being a mother so special for you?

- Gosh, having my own kids who call me mommy. My son comes up to me several times a day and says 'Mommy, I love you.' My daughter attacks me with kisses. It melts my heart. I think it really worked out well for me that I had the big career first and could move into this second phase of my life, which I really enjoy."

- "What is the toughest challenge facing actresses in Hollywood today?

- Probably, scarcity of great parts because of the way films are written, there are seven different good guy roles, where they are all kind of an ensemble, and one woman. A big star vehicle that is written for a huge male star and then there is this ingenue female part written into it. And so, if you are already an established female actress, you can't really take that girl role because that is kind of going backwards. But there aren't that many woman roles or that many films where the female part is as good as the male parts."

No comments:

Post a Comment