Amy Adams - Often plays innocent or very naïve characters

Amy Adams

Amy Adams


"I think that I've always been attracted to characters who are positive and come from a very innocent place. I think there's a lot of room for discovery in these characters and that's something I always have fun playing."

Amy Adams starred in Sunshine Cleaning with Emily Blunt and Alan Arkin, and the following year appeared as Amelia Earhart in Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian. She appeared in Julie & Julia in 2009 portraying writer Julie Powell followed by Leap Year in 2010. Her role as Charlene Fleming in The Fighter earned Adams her third Academy Award nomination, her third Golden Globe Award, second BAFTA Award, and fifth Screen Actors Guild Award nominations. In 2011, Adams appeared in The Muppets alongside Jason Segel. In 2012, Adams portrayed Peggy Dodd in The Master and the daughter of Clint Eastwood's character in the baseball drama Trouble with the Curve. For The Master, Adams was nominated for her fourth Academy Award, her fourth Golden Globe Award, and her third BAFTA Award. She plays Lois Lane in the 2013 Superman movie Man of Steel.

"Thirty was a big deal for me. It was the age where I reevaluated everything - how I approached life and how I thought about myself. When I look at my 20s, or when I look at any period in my life, I think about how much time I've wasted trying to find the right man. It's like, if I could go back and do it again, I would have taken guitar lessons or something. I would have put my energy into something that paid off in the end, instead of trying to improve myself for men. Oh, the time and the energy, trying to impress somebody who was actually a big jerk, you know? But the truth is, once you have a great man in your life, it allows you - or at least for me - to look at yourself and grow as an individual. And gosh, if I had known I was going to find this, my 20s would have been completely different."




Related Pages: Man of Steel

No comments:

Post a Comment